cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] new block layout
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:09:09 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Yepp, if no api, no sub project for it; the same for samples and perhaps
> impl as well.

no implementation for a block , is that realistic ?

> Apart from that: +1
>
> We should also note that this is the "best-practice" layout which you
> should use. But of course you're not forced to use it. For example a

Indeed, it's the best practice layout. It is also the layout that will
be created when doing "mvn archetype:create cocoon-block ...". It is up
to the block developer then to remove the unnecessary parts and adjust
poms accordingly.

We should proactively encourage ie enforce following things though :

- the block root directory has a pom containing all the modules for that
block.
- if there is an api module then it should be called "api".
- "impl" is the preferred module name if there is only one
implementation. Otherwise you're free to choose but an "impl" suffix is
preferred. Same should go for "samples".

Jorg