cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [M10N] new repo layout
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 22:51:19 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Separating meaning they are separate projects with independent release
> cycles, as in:
>
>>> Where each block is treated as independent project, and has own
>>> tags/branches. With Cocoon 2.1.8 out this friday, several blocks will
>>> start having own tags.

Perfect, my proposed layout covers this use case. Each block will have
its own release cycle, we can even use the maven release plugin to do
releases. I will experiment with this in the mini repo and document my
findings.

> Yes, I mean why do you want to combine multiple projects into single
> uber project, in your proposed directory structure:
>
>   /trunk
>     /block-a
>     /block-b

> It seems like a step backward, towards 2.1 situation, where each block
> is part of single project, instead of moving forward and cutting blocks
> loose...

The single root pom has no meaning other than tying the other modules
together and giving us the possibility of a) defining common stuff and
b) being able to do a full build/release/deploy of all modules with one
command. It does not prevent separate release cycles of the individual
modules however.

Regards,
Jorg