cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a new cocoon logo?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:52:18 GMT
Le 1 nov. 05, à 19:54, Frédéric Moser a écrit :

> ...I had an attack of inspiration for a cocoon logo, I don't know if
> you
> need a new one and if you'll like it...

I'm not sure if we need a new *different* logo - I like your proposal
from a pure graphical point of view, but it's not obvious that it says
"Cocoon" (at least not for people my age ;-), so I wouldn't vote for it
in its current form.

But it's very hard to agree on these things anyway, I think if we want
a new logo, the way to go is to have a contest and vote on the new
logo, as agreeing on these things by discussion usually doesn't work.

> ...I would be glad if it could bring something to the project which
> helped me more than once...

As you obviously have some graphic skills, how about contributing an
improved design for our samples? Others think the website needs a
redesign, I tend to agree but I think it's even worse with the samples.

I'm thinking of http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/trunk/ - having an
improved look of our samples for 2.2 would be a Good Thing, ideally
synced with a redesign of the website, but again I think the samples
are even more urgent.

So just give us your finger, we'll take the whole arm ;-)

Seriously, as you're noticing from this thread, help is more than
welcome in these areas if you are ready to contribute...

-Bertrand