cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Docs] Articles on Cocoon - reminder
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:05:58 GMT
Helma,

thanks for keeping the ball rolling. I'm still willing to help out and
do my part of the work, that is:

> - Cocoon and "enterprise application integration" by Gianugo
> - Cocoon as service integration platform (suggested by Stefano), by
> Massimo, Matthew and Gianugo. I'm not sure how much overlap there is
> between this and the previous one.

A huge overlap, actually it's the same thing, basically. :-)

> - Cocoon success stories, award winning sites, by ???

Here, I've done already a couple years ago a presentation at the
Cocoon GT: having companies available to be quoted in print is
definitely a different thing, but I'm willing to give it a try. Just:

> Please let me know if you are willing to write the article and have it
> done by mid January.

If I have two articles to write, I can't really commit to mid January:
I will have to process them serially, which means - I guess - one more
month to go. Let me know if that sounds good to you.

> I'll see if I can get them published on xml.com when they start coming in.

I have no particular experience in having such stuff published, but I
kinda feel that the most prominent websites are unwilling to just
re-publish stuff that is part of something else as well. That means,
basically, that such articles, if published on, say,  xml.com, will
have to remain there and just there. I might of course be wrong, but I
don't think publishers will like us to include that material in the
official Cocoon documentation (well, links are fine of course).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino