cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ezkovich Glen <gezkov...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:49:24 GMT

On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:26 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> The initial "foo.bar:input" proposal *structurally* prevents name
>>>

>> all crispy clear now.

It was clear then. As always there are trade offs. In this case Its
between possible naming conflicts and a CSS incompatibility (bad
practices aside) in 90% of users browsers. Which error will be easier
to detect? Which is most likely to affect users?

> Phew! Sometimes, when there's a lot of background, producing a
> clear explanation is not an easy task ;-)
> Now I'm glad I finally was able to do it, and will make sure this
> is written in the docs, to avoid the same effort later in the
> future :-)

as opposed to sooner in the future? ;-)

> Sylvain
>
> --
> Sylvain Wallez                        Anyware Technologies
> http://people.apache.org/~sylvain     http://www.anyware-tech.com
> Apache Software Foundation Member     Research & Technology Director

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com

A Proverb for Paranoids: