cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject [Docs] Articles on Cocoon - reminder
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:28:03 GMT
Guys,

with the hectic days of the 2.1.8 release past and the ginormous amount
of spare time during Christmas ;-) coming up, I'd like to remind you of
your promises to write an article on Cocoon.

Just to refresh your memory:

The idea is to get a series of articles that explain various aspects of
Cocoon.

Purpose(s) of the articles:
1. (main purpose) convince CTO/managers that Cocoon is an excellent
platform for building high quality websites/webapplications.
2. show off the versatility of Cocoon and dust off it's "antiquated" imago.
3. provide users (developers) some insight/pointers into the matter.
e.g. give some techniques/tools how to test the performance of your
Cocoon app.

I think the article should not exceed 5 pages (probably less, but more
than 2) and should end with a list of links pointing to relevant
information (and the Cocoon website of course) and some author credits.

I want to get the series published in one (or more if that's
feasible/allowed) online newsletters/website, as well as put them in our
own documentation.

This is the list I have so far. If I misinterpreted or forgot something
or someone, do tell.

1. Introductory article.
    - what is Cocoon
    - purpose of the series

Bertrand, could you write this one? Maybe refer to your "bricks" app to
explain some "Cocoon terminology" like pipelines etc. I could chip in
for the "purpose" part.

Articles below are not in any particular order:

- Cocoon and large websites by Pier and Ross McDonald, focus on
performance issues
- Cocoon and security by Ralph, focus on security issues in internet banking
- Cocoon and AJAX by Sylvain, focus on how easy it is in Cocoon
- Cocoon and performance by Jack Ivers and Vadim, focus on a comparison
of XSLT processors
- Cocoon and CMS by Steven, focus on the role/advantages of Cocoon in Daisy
- Cocoon and knowledge sharing by Arje
- Cocoon and "enterprise application integration" by Gianugo
- Cocoon as service integration platform (suggested by Stefano), by
Massimo, Matthew and Gianugo. I'm not sure how much overlap there is
between this and the previous one.
- Cocoon success stories, award winning sites, by ???

Please let me know if you are willing to write the article and have it
done by mid January.
I'll see if I can get them published on xml.com when they start coming in.

Bye, Helma