cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:44:29 GMT
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> [X] ""  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
>> [ ] "" (double period)
>> [ ] "" (trailing period)
>> [ ] "" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
>> beginning of widget names)

I suppose this was the final result of the voting process. At the time I
didn't have any problem with it, but now I'm running into an error:

Entity names, PI targets, notation names and attribute values declared
to be of types ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES) or NOTATION cannot contain any
colons. Erro processing resource 'http://localhost:8888/myform.form'

name="" id=""/></span>

All this when displaying my valid XHTML form in IE6 (WinXP).

Bye, Helma

View raw message