cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms - error in IE with XHTML
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:44:29 GMT
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> [X] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
>> [ ] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
>> [ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
>> [ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
>> beginning of widget names)

Guys,

I suppose this was the final result of the voting process. At the time I
didn't have any problem with it, but now I'm running into an error:

Entity names, PI targets, notation names and attribute values declared
to be of types ID, IDREF(S), ENTITY(IES) or NOTATION cannot contain any
colons. Erro processing resource 'http://localhost:8888/myform.form'

name="search.name" id="search.name:input"/></span>

All this when displaying my valid XHTML form in IE6 (WinXP).

Help!

Bye, Helma