cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Christophe Kermagoret <...@bluexml.org>
Subject Performances analysis
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:59:17 GMT
Hello,
I'm working on performances for the application of a client. And it's a
little difficult to know which direction to take.

I would like to define performance test guidelines that would permit to
every cocoon developer to test its application and drive easily its own
test. I read almost all the thread and documentation about performances,
but I just found a few tips (and it's already a good thing). What I want
is to analyze the cocoon code, and in more details, the cocoon portal block.

To conclude, and because it's a reccurent question, I will create a wiki
with all the information I will get here.

Is there anybody that has already profiled Cocoon with JProfiler and
JProbe. Are the results interesting ? What are the tools' limits ?

Finally, what I'm looking for is a tool that will show me how many times
a method is called, and how much it consumed. In a very naive approach,
a simple log in each method would be helpful. A few times ago, somebody
talked about AOP, have you heard about this thread ?

I heard about JMX too, when people were thinking about removing
instrumentation from 2.2. Has it been developed ?

Thanks for all the tips.

--

BlueXML
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret