cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: superfluous namespace declarations
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:52:20 GMT
Joerg Heinicke schrieb:
> Juan Jose Pablos <cheche <at>> writes:
>>>Jörg Heinicke closed COCOON-1529:
>>>    Resolution: Invalid
>>Hey, I am a bit lost here with this bug, are you saying that from:
>><foo> to <foo  xmlns:i18n="" >
>>after a transformation is not a bug?
> Sorry, if it did not met your expectations. But yes, I don't see the above as a
> bug, but normal behaviour with XML. IIRC this behaviour results from SAX
> start/endPrefixMapping. Maybe the components consuming a specific namespace
> (like the i18n transformer) can stop propagating the events for their namespace?
> Is this possible? WDOT?
Yes, it's possible and some of our transformers already do this (include
and cinclude transformer for example). Of course this requires that the
transformer consumes all elements/attributes in this namespace.

Now, if the transformer extends the AbstractSAXTransformer than you just
have to set a boolean flag (don't remember the name and I don't have
access to the code right now) in the constructor of your transformer to
true and that's it. So, adding this "feature" should be really simple.