cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: author tags (Was: Planning 2.2)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:48:30 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>Exactly. If it was an easy job, then we would have done
>>>it by now. There is discussion in the archives about
>>>how the attribution should be done. One suggestion was
>>>adding to the status.xml file so that they get listed
>>>at the changes.html page. Another suggestion was a
>>>"contrib" type file.
>>
>>Status.xml already supports authors:
>>
>><developers>
>>    <!-- in fifo order -->
>>    <person name="Stefano Mazzocchi"    email="stefano@apache.org"
>> id="SM" />
>>    <person name="Sam Ruby"             email="rubys@apache.org"
>> id="SR" />
>>
>>It's a small job to modify the Forrest projectInfo plugin to render
>>these in changes or any other location.
>

> That is not what i was referring to. Rather i meant the
> attribute due-to="Donald Duck". The contributor is not
> always a committer. It is just a matter of making sure
> that there is an entry for each major contribution.

OK, I've added the required features to the projectInfo plugin in Forrest:

- add a contributor list to each release (derived from @due-to)
- add a committer list to the end of changes.html

Both of these sections can be turned on or off as required, so if you
want to use the developer list and the @due-to attribute in status.xml
go ahead.

The Forrest zone version of the docs are showing the new build.

I've also added a previously requested feature for Cocoon: control the
sort order of issues, in the cocoon docs they are no
longer sorted.

Ross