cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Bugs in ajaxified cform?
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:16:20 GMT
hepabolu wrote:

> 1. binding in union
>
> I have a union with two cases, one with a dummy field (i.e. not used),
> one with 3 fields (an integer, a boolean and a string). I fill a JS-bean
>  with preset values for those three fields.
> The form starts with the first case as default (set in the JS-bean,
> works). When I switch to the other case, the preset values don't show up.
> binding:
>
>  <fb:value id="exhibition" path="exhibition"/>
>  <fb:union id="doexhibition" path=".">
>   <fb:case id="TRUE" path=".">
>    <fb:group id="TRUE" path=".">
>     <fb:value id="exhibitionsize" path="exhibitionsize"/>
>     <fb:value id="exhibitionwall" path="exhibitionwall"/>
>     <fb:value id="exhibitionpartner" path="exhibitionpartner"/>
>    </fb:group>
>   </fb:case>
>  </fb:union>

This seems to be behaving correctly.  <fb:case/> only performs its child
bindings if its id matches the value of the union's case widget.  Since
you just set the case widget's value to "FALSE" via the first fb:value
binding, the <fb:case id="TRUE"> will not be executed.

If you want that group of bindings to always be executed you should be
able to just remove the fb:case wrapper.