cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: author tags (Was: Planning 2.2)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 07:26:28 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>>Antonio Fiol Bonn?n wrote:
>>

>>>This can't possibly be what we need, as anyone would have done it
>>>faster than me, but anyway, here it goes.
>>
>>IIRC the problem was not the pure removal, but the mentioning of the
>>authors in a contrib file file.
>

> Exactly. If it was an easy job, then we would have done
> it by now. There is discussion in the archives about
> how the attribution should be done. One suggestion was
> adding to the status.xml file so that they get listed
> at the changes.html page. Another suggestion was a
> "contrib" type file.

Status.xml already supports authors:

<developers>
     <!-- in fifo order -->
     <person name="Stefano Mazzocchi"    email="stefano@apache.org"
  id="SM" />
     <person name="Sam Ruby"             email="rubys@apache.org"
  id="SR" />

It's a small job to modify the Forrest projectInfo plugin to render
these in changes or any other location. I want to do a little work on
that plugin anyway so that the sorting of actions can be turned off
(i.e. display them chronologically), I can do this at the same time.

Ross