cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:59:31 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Actually, I disagree.  The one compelling (and exciting) thing for me
> about 2.2 is the ability to download a small core and to be able to use
> maven (or a tool that hides maven) to create my application.  I want to
> be able to use maven 2 to create my component(s) and integrate them into
> the Cocoon webapp.

Agreed, one of the biggest problems of Cocoon is how to develop with it
and building Cocoon (or parts of it) is really a pita. Providing own
blocks to others is really hard to do - and the maven build solves all
these problems. Jorg has already done a great job on this and we are
really not that far away from a workable system. If we don't switch now
and see this as a requirement for the first release, we will never
switch and that would be bad.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/