cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:18:51 GMT
Glen Ezkovich wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2005, at 12:16 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Now as 2.1.8 is out, we should think about a 2.2 release. I think  for a
>>> 2.2 release we should at least finish the following things:
>>> - Finish the maven2 build
>>> - Sync everything with 2.1.x (apply changes that were only applied to
>>> 2.1.x if appropriate)
>>> - Separate samples from blocks
>>> - Remove author tags
>>> While imho the first two items on the list are a simple must, I
>>> think we
>>> should really do the other ones as well. If we don't aim to do  them for
>>> 2.2 we'll simply never do them. And it's really not that hard to  do it.
>>> And finally, we should make a stable forms block (and perhaps  others as
>>> well).
>>> WDYT
>>

>> Aren't we aiming at a 2.2M1 release? If yes, the only must is a
>> working build system IMHO.
>

> I'm a bit confused, is this the only difference between 2.1 and 2.2  or
> are the other changes complete and ready to roll? These changes  amount
> to a refactoring. What distinguishes 2.2 from 2.1.8?

not at all :-)

- ECM++
- Virtual sitemap components
- blocks (sitemap blocks, exposing blocks)
- per sitemap reloading classloader (for dev)
- reworked property management
- Spring integration (Spring block)
- possible to listen to sitemap events
- refactoring of Javaflow (uses now the commons-javaflow project which
   was started by Thorsten)
- introduction of CTemplate (refactoring of JXTemplate in 2.1.x)

... and maybe some other things

We also have the plan that Cocoon 3.0 will be based on blocks that run in a
shielded classloader. Currently OSGi ist our best bet (and I'm quite optimistic
that it will fit our needs).

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc