cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:59:26 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> The question is if we are going to start to have separate release
> cycles of the blocks with 2.2. In that case the important part is a
> cocoon-core 2.2 release. Then we should preferably have releases of
> CForms, Template, Portal and some other important blocks that are
> compatible with the cocoon-core 2.2. But all blocks need not to have
> stable releases some of them can be milestone releases or even "alpha".
>
> IMO we should go for separate release cycles for 2.2. Then the we
> should release "2.2" when the core is stable enough, and consider
> whether the blocks are stable enough, a separate concern.
>
> /Daniel

I think we should follow the model maven has been taking with its
plugins.  A core group of them are incorporated into every maven
release.  You can upgrade them manually or install new ones but you
always have some set of them available in a normal install.  This
amounts to nothing more than specifying dependencies on the latest
version at the time of release.

Ralph