cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:54:50 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Now as 2.1.8 is out, we should think about a 2.2 release. I think for a
>2.2 release we should at least finish the following things:
>
>- Finish the maven2 build
>- Sync everything with 2.1.x (apply changes that were only applied to
>2.1.x if appropriate)
>- Separate samples from blocks
>- Remove author tags
>
>While imho the first two items on the list are a simple must, I think we
>should really do the other ones as well. If we don't aim to do them for
>2.2 we'll simply never do them. And it's really not that hard to do it.

+1

>And finally, we should make a stable forms block (and perhaps others as
>well).

Would be nice.

The question is if we are going to start to have separate release cycles
of the blocks with 2.2. In that case the important part is a cocoon-core
2.2 release. Then we should preferably have releases of CForms,
Template, Portal and some other important blocks that are compatible
with the cocoon-core 2.2. But all blocks need not to have stable
releases some of them can be milestone releases or even "alpha".

IMO we should go for separate release cycles for 2.2. Then the we should
release "2.2" when the core is stable enough, and consider whether the
blocks are stable enough, a separate concern.

/Daniel