cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Cound it possible using ajax after cform submit?
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:44:55 GMT
roy huang wrote:
> Hi,all:
>     I am trying implement an application using CForm with Ajax.Now I have a problem:
>     When form submit(using submit widget),the form will entirely refresh and display
the result,just like samples in form block.I just want to using Ajax to make the entire process
don't refresh.Here's my thought:
>     1.Use action widget instead of submit widget
>     2.Like multipage sample,I can use a fd:group to show the result
>     But this will get several problems
>     A.action widget won't validate form's value,submit widget will.
> form define <on-action>,how can I get binding and other object in parent
flowscript?If put this object in global the same people access twice or more at the same continuation
life cycle will cause problem.
>     Any suggestion?

In Ajax mode, a submit widget doesn't necessarily lead to a full page
refresh. The request for the submit widget is sent asynchronously, and
the page is refreshed only if we exit form.showForm(), i.e. the form is
valid. If the form is not valid, then partial page update instructions
are sent just like for any other action.

However, there are some widget that don't support Ajax, such as file
upload. Do you have an upload in your form?