cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning 2.2
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:16:44 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Now as 2.1.8 is out, we should think about a 2.2 release. I think for a
> 2.2 release we should at least finish the following things:
>
> - Finish the maven2 build
> - Sync everything with 2.1.x (apply changes that were only applied to
> 2.1.x if appropriate)
> - Separate samples from blocks
> - Remove author tags
>
> While imho the first two items on the list are a simple must, I think we
> should really do the other ones as well. If we don't aim to do them for
> 2.2 we'll simply never do them. And it's really not that hard to do it.
>
> And finally, we should make a stable forms block (and perhaps others as
> well).
>
> WDYT

Aren't we aiming at a 2.2M1 release? If yes, the only must is a working build
system IMHO.

As date I agree with Sylvain that we should schedule it for the mid or the of
January so that people (like me that nearly don't have any time) can contribute
over the Chrismas break.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc