cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: AW: Core Documentation
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 03:03:02 GMT

Stefan Pietschmann wrote:

>The elements in the pipeline shall have attributes like
>
><map:transform type="xyz" conf="someID"/>

I don't believe you can do that.  Instead you need to either do:

<map:components>
  <map:transformers>
     <map:transformer name="my-transformer"
src="com.whatever.MyTransformer">
       <conf>someID</someID>
     </map:transformer>
  </map:transformers>
</map:components>

Then implement the configurable interface and int the configure method
do config.getChild("conf").getValue() to get the value.

or in your pipeline

<map:transformer type="my-transformer" src="protocol://some.input.data">
  <parameter name="conf" value="someID"/>
</map:transformer>

Then implement Parameterizable. The conf parameter will be passed to the
parameterize method.

Or finally in your pipeline do:

<map:transformer type="my-transformer" src="protocol://some.input.data">
  <map:parameter name="conf" value="someID"/>
</map:transformer>

In this case the conf parameter will be passed in the Parameters object
to the transformer's setup method.

HTH

Ralph