cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Core Documentation
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:45:49 GMT
You should create a component that implements the required Avalon
interfaces and then declare it in cocoon.xconf. You will need to assign
it a role (faily simple - look at other components to see how they do
it). The code that uses the component then calls the component manager
to look up the role and return the component attached to it. The manager
will be initialized the first time it is looked up.

What do you mean by "attributes". Transformers, etc. can have hardwired
attributes associated with them when they are configured in the
component section of the sitemap. In addition, they can have parameters
declared in the pipelines which are passed as parameters to the setup
method.

Ralph