cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] A Cocoon installer with IzPack
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:38:25 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>

>> Do you really want to add such an additional feature to 2.1 branch?
>> If we already have one (like Ugo's Guilder) we shall go with that
>> one. But I would not add anything new like an installer based on IzPack.
>

> Ok...
>
> IzPack has been under my radar for a long time as a cool thing, and
> its licence change to the ASL made me consider it would be worth
> mentioning it here.
>
> Now I certainly don't want to start a "my installer is better than
> yours" or "maven or nothing" debate.
>
> So forget it!
>
> Sylvain

I disagree.  This is a do-ocracy.  If someone implements an installer we
can evaluate whether it is any good or not.  If they choose to use
IzPack or Guilder or whatever that is their choice.  Anything else would
be a little bit like me telling you that you should use some Javscript
library instead of Dojo.

Ralph