cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Portal work
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:24:49 GMT
Carsten,

I have looked at some of the work you have been doing (and it has been a
lot). I haven't had a chance to review the latest deployment stuff but I
do have some items for discussion.

1. I have looked at some of the changes for the minimize/fullscreen
handling.  I'm OK with a lot of it, but I don't like the "search layout"
methods that recurse through their parents.  I'd prefer to do something
similar to what I did in 2.1 to manage the state while traversing the
subtree as I believe it is less expensive.

2. I was thinking more about the issue of writing out the layouts when
preferences are changed and I think the right way to handle that is to
not save the "dynamic" preferences with the layout.  I think we should
save them as something similar but not change the layout for that. I
think that that should handle the problem I mentioned to you where
layouts are dynamically generated.  WDYT?

3. I'm just curious on if you borrowed the deployment code or ended up
writing it all yourself.

4. Do you have any other features planned?

Ralph