cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for a cool portal layout
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:47:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Yeah, I like it :) Great work, Helma.

Thanks.

> Do you want me to commit it or do you want to do it?

Go ahead, I haven't looked at the portal stuff, so I wouldn't know where
to put it or where to change what.

Do note that I've slightly changed the structure of the page, see my
need to update the files that generate the result.

Summary (do check if I've missed something):
- on the first page (portal.*): I've removed all inline styling of the
table in the personal area and added an id (personal_area) to the table.

- on this same page I added a link to portal-page.css that only styles
that table.

- I've suppressed the images in the header, but didn't remove them. If
you like it like this, remove the images so the page renders faster.
Maybe you want to add "Cocoon Portal" in some nice font/size/color to
the header as text.

- I've added <div class="innerbox"> to each coplet (just below the <div
... class="coplet"> and <div ... class="coplet-borderless"> to get the
drop shadow working.

- you either have to expand the shadowAlpha.png to allow for larger (>
800px) coplets or you have to restrict a coplet to a max-width=800px in
the CSS. However, I'm not sure if max-width is supported by IE.

- I've moved the <div class="coplet-icons"> below the <div
class="coplet-title">

- I've added a <a href="..."> to the selected tab. That eased up the
styling of the nav bar.

Oh and do check if there is commented code left in the CSS files, that
might as well be removed and reduced the file size.

You might want to do a more thorough check of the styling on Windows (FF
and IE). I've quickly checked that it looked as expected and that the
hovering worked as expected, but I can't remember if it stayed ok after
resizing.

One issue left: the title and navbar fonts are bold, which looks fine on
Windows, but they look too thick on OSX. If I figure out how to solve
that, there should be a small update to the CSS files.

Bye, Helma