cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update round 2
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:55:45 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> This highlights a huge misunderstanding. The docs must
> be generated and updated on the website as often as
> possible, not just at release time.

True, but I was talking about the specific jars.html page for the
upcoming release. Since we've decided that the 2.1 branch is going to be
replaced by 2.2, I suppose there will hardly be any updates to the 2.1
docs, nor the jars.html page for the 2.1 branch.

For the 2.2 release we can do it differently.

Yes, I'm all for frequent updates of the docs website. The old way had
some serious road blocks resulting in hardly any doc updates and very
few website updates.
The current way (editing in Daisy) removed the doc editing road block.
We just have to figure out how we can make the conversion process from
Daisy to website.
If there was any misunderstanding it was my perception that Daisy could
be used for both editing and official website.

Bye, Helma