cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for a cool portal layout
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:18:14 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> K.Bertram wrote:
>
>>Hi Carsten
>>
>>with 2 divs in the top it got no background in the header at mozilla so
>>this was an workaround for both IE and Moz.
>>So if you read my mail carfully it was the the first draft of the div
>>version. ;)
>
> Yes, I know :)
>

>>At this my battery go down and had no time at the weekend for making a
>>newer one. :(
>>If you wish I can can take an eye on it this week in the afternoon.
>>

> . Helma has already done a new layout - so before you step on each
> others toes, I think, the best approach is if you coordinate your work
> with Helma's.
>
> Carsten

Just wrapped up the other one I mentioned.

I used the same files as I did for the other one, but made some minor
modifications:

- added <a href="#"></a> to the selected tab.
- moved the icons out of the coplet-title.
- added an extra <div class="innerbox"> just below <div class="coplet">
and <div class="coplet-borderless"> (the latter just to keep them
synchronized).
- checked in Safari, FF-OSX, FF-Win, IE6.

Minor issues:
- the picture used for the shadow (found on internet) was deviced for
800px width, but since the portal has a liquid layout (i.e. resizes with
the screen), a coplet can grow beyond that. I haven't quite figured out
how to extend the picture (using png alpha blending). TBD
- the picture used for the bars needs to be brushed up to "shine" more
and give a more 3d illusion. I'm no expert in this.

WDYT?

Bye, Helma