cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update round 2
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:26:37 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> * Extra URI segments:
>>
>>Some of these are a result of the lack of a clean build space (i.e.
>>about/), but others are the same problem with the daisy navigation, for
>>example, the extra dirs under /userdocs/forms/
>>
>>Helma did warns us that there were other places the URLspace had been
>>changed in Daisy, I was hoping it would be less widespread than this
>>though :-(
>>
>>I'm looking into it.
>

> What is the status of this? Did you produce a new list
> for Vadim, or someone else, to verify?

I've been inundated with work lately and have been unable to do anything
about this.

It can be solved by the same method as the previous extra info in the
URL space, however, in some places this will result in navigation docs
that are too fragmented on Daisy.

The other options are for us to put in the code to support extra nodes
in the Daisy to allow "Title" nodes that do not have a corresponding URL
entry. Bruno suggested this on the Daisy list so he is receptive to the
idea, problem is finding the time to do it, I have no idea how easy/hard
it is (Bruno said it would be fairly easy, but then Bruno knows Daisy
code inside out ;-)

.htaccess is a quick and dirty solution to get the release out.

Butchering the Daisy nav docs will work, is quick and easy and can be
reverted in 2.2 release.

I'm afraid I am unlikely to get any real time on this until much later
this week (possibly as late as Friday). So it's up to you folk.

Ross

Ross