cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "K.Bertram" <k.bert...@kbsm.de>
Subject Re: Searching for a cool portal layout
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:09:35 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>
>>the page behind the "appcoplet" tab has 'coplet' attribute and the page
>>behind 'apps' has 'coplet' as namespace in the form.
>>
>>I've just downloaded the result as static HTML pages and been reworking
>>the CSS from there.
>>
>>I've included a set of HTML files with a 'files' folder containing the
>>resources.
>>
>>I've left the HTML files untouched except for the first page
>>(portal.html). There I've removed all styling info from the table and
>>added an id (personal_area). I've also added an extra 'link' tag in the
>>header to include 'portal-page.css'.
>>
>>This is basically a change of the current settings, i.e. it still
>>resembles the current layout a lot.
>>
>>I'm very curious to know what you think of it.
>>

> Looks really nice, I think.
>

>>I'm now in the process of doing something completely different (i.e.
>>different colors, images etc.). Just to see where we can take this.
>>

> Now you're making me really curious :)
>

>>One note:
>>
>>A coplet consists of a header and a content div. The header div contains
>>a title div which contains the title of the coplet as well as the list
>>of coplet-icons.
>>
>>I think it would be more logical that the coplet icons div would be
>>separate from the title div.
>>
>>Like this:
>>     <!-- icons here -->
>>
>>If you agree, I'll figure out the necessary changes in the CSS. ;-)
>>

> Yes, absolutely - that's the way it should be (and how it was the first
> time I added the new layout) - I think I messed it up when I applied the
> latest layout patch from Klaus :(
>
> Carsten

Hi Carsten

with 2 divs in the top it got no background in the header at mozilla so
this was an workaround for both IE and Moz.
So if you read my mail carfully it was the the first draft of the div
version. ;)
At this my battery go down and had no time at the weekend for making a
newer one. :(
If you wish I can can take an eye on it this week in the afternoon.

Klaus