cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching for a cool portal layout
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:05:19 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>I also noted an extra 'coplet' attribute added here and there. Not sure
>>if it's necessary for the workings of the portlet, but if you can loose
>>it, please do.
>
> Can you give me a pointer where you found it?

the page behind the "appcoplet" tab has 'coplet' attribute and the page
behind 'apps' has 'coplet' as namespace in the form.

I've just downloaded the result as static HTML pages and been reworking
the CSS from there.

I've included a set of HTML files with a 'files' folder containing the
resources.

I've left the HTML files untouched except for the first page
(portal.html). There I've removed all styling info from the table and
added an id (personal_area). I've also added an extra 'link' tag in the
header to include 'portal-page.css'.

This is basically a change of the current settings, i.e. it still
resembles the current layout a lot.

I'm very curious to know what you think of it.

I'm now in the process of doing something completely different (i.e.
different colors, images etc.). Just to see where we can take this.

One note:

A coplet consists of a header and a content div. The header div contains
a title div which contains the title of the coplet as well as the list
of coplet-icons.

I think it would be more logical that the coplet icons div would be
separate from the title div.

Like this:
     <!-- icons here -->

If you agree, I'll figure out the necessary changes in the CSS. ;-)

Bye, Helma