cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Boesswetter <dan...@daniel-boesswetter.de>
Subject HTTP POST with XML body
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:54:57 GMT
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but since I didn't find a
solution, I've built my own. My problem is, that I need to POST
XML-documents somewhere out of Cocoon and receive the resulting document
(e.g. for takling to an eXist database because there are currently known
bugs with their Cocoon integration and for integrating an XML-RPC based
ERP system on the other hand).

None of the Cocoon generators/transformers seemed to do the job (even
CInclude has known bugs concerning POST), so I took the
WebServiceProxyGenerator (which sounds like a good starting point :) and
added the following parameters:

- postbody - any valid Cocoon source URI. The resulting document is sent
as the body of the POST request.
- postbodyenc - the encoding used to serialize the postbody. UTF-8 by
default.
- username and password - used for basic authentication.
- dropparams - if set to "true" the params from the present request are
not passed to the target system (my ERP system was confused by params it
didn't expect).

I attached a diff against the 2.1.7 version of WebServiceProxyGenerator.
I tested a couple of cases and it seems to solve at least my problems
(for now).

Any opinions on integrating this into the source tree?

Best regards,
Daniel