cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update round 2
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:55:53 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I just sent it offlist, but I sent it from the zone, not sure if mail
>> is set up correctly there. If you don't recieive it you can get it at
>> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/fileList.txt
>

> Got the mail ok.
>

>> (note this is not regenerated when the site is rebuilt)

..

> Diff attached. Lots of differences, I'll sum up some of them here:

Thanks for this Vadim, saves us lots of time - sorry it wasn't as
encouraging as I thought.

>   * Duplicates: See example above. Was it simply because output
>     directory was not cleared up between forrest runs?

Yes, that is the problem, as David identified. I'm discussing with David
as to whether the Forrestbot should always clear out its build directory
on a new run (I thought it did).

>   * Extra URI segments:

Some of these are a result of the lack of a clean build space (i.e.
about/), but others are the same problem with the daisy navigation, for
example, the extra dirs under /userdocs/forms/

Helma did warns us that there were other places the URLspace had been
changed in Daisy, I was hoping it would be less widespread than this
though :-(

I'm looking into it.

Ross