cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update round 2
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:28:21 GMT
hepabolu wrote:
> Here are snippets of your diff that I want to comment on:
>
>  > +/692.html
>  > +/692.html
>  > +/692.html
>
> I'm not sure where you found this one,

Me too. Had this in locationmap

   <match pattern="2.1/692.daisy.source"><location
src="http://publish:publish@cocoon.zones.apache.org:9263/publisher/document?documentId=692&amp;includeNavigation=false&amp;locale=en_US&amp;version=live"/></match>

> because it doesn't show up on the
> forrest.zone set. In Daisy I used it to work around a little problem in
> the navigation doc: if a group contains only links to external pages, it
> doesn't open because there is no internal document to display. The
> content of this page is reflected in the forrest.zones set similar to
> the cocoon.apache.org set, with one exception:
>
> the "Links" section is not present in forrest.zones although it is
> present in Daisy.
>

>  > -/catalog-test.html
>
> IIUC this is only present in the repository, but not on
> cocoon.apache.org and also not in Daisy. It is beyond me to grasp the
> value of this page, so AFAIC I won't put any effort into it to get it on
> the website. Again, this is toplevel, so that explains its absence as well.

No this is not top level, everything in this diff is under /2.1/. I removed this
document as its value was only for testing running Cocoon instance, and it is
not needed to be on docs site.

>  > -/changes.html
>
> This is so outdated (see http://cocoon.apache.org/changes.html) that I
> would be ashamed to put it up again. So it's missing from Daisy (also
> because it's toplevel) and therefore from forrest.zones.

This is generated from status.xml (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html),
same as todo.html.

>  > +/developing/portal/authentication.html
>
> In the original site, this points to
> /developing/webapps/authentication.html. Although Daisy also refers to
> the same document, it is now available under two urls. No showstopper
> for me.
>
>  > /developing/portal/coplets.html
>  > +/developing/portal/coplets/cachinguricoplet.html
>  > +/developing/portal/coplets/uricoplet.html
>
> The two pages below are extracted from the huge coplets.html file and
> put in separate pages to keep the info more readable. They can be
> reached through the menu see forrest.zones.
>
> There was an issue with an extra /portal/ in the url. I've fixed that.
> Only thing that remains are the samples:
> daisy export: /developing/portal/samples/forms.html + .../basket.html
> cocoon.apache.org: /developing/portal/forms.html + .../basket.html
>

>  > +/developing/portal/layout_skins.html
>  > +/developing/portal/wsrp.html
>
> New content
>
>  > +/developing/webapps/604.html
>
> Fixed
>

>  > +/developing/webapps/application_management.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/authenticating_user.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/module_management.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/pipeline_patterns.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/summary.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/user_administration.html
>  > +/developing/webapps/user_management.html
>
> Same as for the portal: this was all part of one huge
> "authentication.html" file. I've split it into different smaller files
> to keep it more readable. They are all in the menu.
>
>  > -/installing/requirements.html
>
> Fixed
>
>  > -/plan/changes-doc.html
>  > -/plan/issues-doc.html
>  > -/plan/review-sitemap-docs.html
>  > -/plan/todo-doc.html
>
> These are very old and very outdated. The info is either done or not
> valid any more. When we want to have a "hip and modern" Cocoon, these
> pages provide the opposite signal. Since they deal with documentation
> only, I suggest to simply leave them out. If people think the
> information is worthwhile keeping, I suggest we either move them to
> Daisy but only for archiving purposes, or we move the info to the wiki.

I'd prefer to remove them too.

>  > -/todo.html
>
> IIUC this is genererated from status.xml, so I didn't do anything with
> this, although I think this is a good candidate for either Jira (most
> obvious place) or a Daisy document (easier to get an overview).
>

>  > +/userdocs/forms/ajax.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/formlibraries.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/improving_sample.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/selectionlists.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/templating.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_class.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_form.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_group.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_imagemap.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_tree.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widget_union.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/widgetstates.html
>  > +/userdocs/forms/xmlbinding.html
>  > +/userdocs/matchers/template-matcher.html
>
> New content
>
>  > -/userdocs/generators/sessionattribute-generator.html
>  > -/userdocs/transformers/jpath-transformer.html
>  > -/userdocs/transformers/role-filter-transformer.html
>  > -/userdocs/transformers/simple-form-instance-transformer.html
>  > -/userdocs/transformers/simple-form-transformer.html
>
> I've recreated the pages, with hardly any info in it, for
> url-compatibility sake. There were already links to the apidocs for
> these classes.
>
>  > +/userdocs/transformers/463.html
>  > -/userdocs/transformers/i18n-transformer.html
>
> Fixed, 463 = i18n-transformer

Thanks

Vadim