cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:31:53 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> There are now three possible workarounds, it's up to others to pick
>> one and go with it in order to get the release out:
> Why can't we write locationmap.xml and supply it to Forrest instead of
> torturing Daisy's navigation doc & Forrest Daisy plugin? Would it work?

The site.xml file is also being generated from the daisy navigation
document. This is not a problem though, we should be able to use the
"old" XDoc site.xml.

It should work though, although I can't guarentee it since the
locationmap is also used to resolve internal links using the "daisy:"
protocol. There will need to be a minor change to the 2.1/**.xml
matchers in daisy-to-docs sitemap.xmap to handle this since we will no
longer be using the daisy navigation document to define the URLspace.

> Attached is my take on locationmap.xml, mostly removing path fragments.
> Results are encouraging - now diff between old URI space and new version
> is much smaller (attached as well)

It's the internal links that will be a problem now :-(

> Note that there are several numbered docs in there - either mislabelled
> old docs or newly added docs, i have not checked.

Helma posted late last night that these had been removed. Not sure when
you generated this locationmap.

View raw message