cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:53:28 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>If someone else can handle the Daisy end of things I can handle to
>>Forrest end, but probably not until Friday as most of tomorrow (GMT) is
>>a travelling day. If anyone wants to handle the Forrest end beofore
>>then, the above examples should be enough, if not David and/or the
>>Forrest user list will help out I am sure.
>

> Hmmm, i have already recommended many times that we
> should not attempt this until the 2.2 release. At that
> time we can rearrange its /2.2/ URL-space.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=113150487903479

Yes, but this is another option, and may be working. I'm not sure how
long Helma spent on it, not long I hope, it was really a series of cut
and pastes in the daisy nav documents (and a fair amount of clicking
through the web interface).

For my part it was only about half an hour and since Helma was so quick
off the mark I got that done tonight. It's worth a try I think.

> I have also said that i have other commitments, so don't
> rely on me. Of course i will try to answer questions.

Yes, sorry. I should have said the Forrest user list without naming you
explicitly.

> We should not be holding up the release any longer.
> There is a workaround, so lets do it.

+1

There are now three possible workarounds, it's up to others to pick one
and go with it in order to get the release out:

a) The recent modifications to the Daisy navs may prove to give us the
URL space we want, some .htaccess magic may be needed to deal with
deeper nesting problems that Helma referred to, but that will hopefully
be minimal now.

If that doesn't work then either:

b) go with the tarred docs I posted earlier and use .htaccess to ensure
the old links work

c) go with the "old" 2.1.8 docs as David suggests

Ross