cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release - update
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:43:44 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> <about label="About">
>   <xi:include href="cocoon://daisy.site.ABOUT_NAV_SECTION"/>
> </about>
> <documentation label="Documentation">
>   <xi:include href="cocoon://daisy.site.DOCUMENTATION_NAV_SECTION"/>
> </documentation>
> etc.

Right, I've updated the navigation document of the Daisy legacydocs. It 
now consists of group items (About, Documentation, Status ...) each 
containing an import of a navigation document that is named

groupname_NAV_SECTION (ABOUT_NAV_SECTION, etc).

I've created a new live site document that includes the other documents 
to recreate one page containing all versions, to mimic the current page 
on the cocoon.apache.org site.

There are some issues left:

- the planning part under "status" is slightly different, due to the 
same problem that happened in the top level. However, since most of 
these pages are outdated and because it concerns only about 5 pages, I 
don't see much point in restructuring this part as well.

- when moving over the content of the xdocs section I focused on the 
menu and making sure that the content was either in Daisy or, when I 
couldn't find the corresponding page in xdocs, I made sure there was a 
link to the corresponding page in the cocoon.apache.org site. There is a 
lot of jumping around between top-level and 2.1 that just created the 
confusion. This means that some parts of the top-level ended up in 
Daisy, some didn't.
I still don't see the value of the top-level part of Cocoon not being 
part of the 2.1 version. But let's postpone that discussion until after 
the 2.1.8 release.

- when updating the documentation I changed a few pages, in the portal 
and authentication part. I merely split the pages into chunks of more 
manageable size. I'll try to give these parts a meaningful URL (rather 
than a number), but that's only for hiding the number, I'm more and more 
inclined to a complete overhaul of the docs after 2.1.8 release and get 
rid of legacy urls.

- I didn't realise there were samples pointing to the docs. I've seen 
the Lucene sample issue discussed. I can't think of a quick/temporary fix.

- I noticed some of the cforms pages have no nodeIds added, I'll try to 
add those tomorrow.

In short: after I've added the missing nodeIds and Ross changed the 
site.xml file in Forrest, the only thing left are the links from the 
samples into the docs.
The top-level can probably used as is with the exception of the live 
sites, these are updated in Daisy.

Bye, Helma

Mime
View raw message