cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Building for release
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:08:00 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> I just built a tar file of the cocoon docs from the last automated
>>> build. You can download it from:
>>>
>>> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz
>>>
>>> You should find that the URLspace is suitable for inclusion within
>>> the cocoon.a.o urlspace and for inclusion in the release.
>>>
>>> I've not got the time to verify it right now since I have to leave
>>> this hotspot, should be at another in a few hours. I'll try and look
>>> at any reported issues then.
>>

>> I compared current /2.1/ site URI space with the files in tar.gz and
>> found out that actually there are way more differences than I
>> thought... *All* URIs but one has been altered. Diff attached.
>

> This is useful. I now see that the Daisy navigation document is not the
> same as the original site navigation - ooops I really should have
> verified that. I had been assuming it was correct and therefore
> verifying the Forrest docs agains the Daisy docs not the Cocoon ones. I
> really ought to read your mails more carefully, sorry.
>
> OK, let me look at a random page, the cocoon web site shows:
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/index.html
>
> In your diff it appears as -./userdocs/index.html (which agrees with the
> cocoon website).
>
> This Forrest built site shows:
>
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/2.1/documentation/userdocs/index.html

> (note the additional "documentation")
>
> This in turn corresponds to a path of
> 2.1/documentation/userdocs/index.html in the zip
>
> So the problem (in this case) appears to be the addiitioon of the
> "documentation" part. This comes from the daiy navigation document:
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/legacydocs/documentation/userdocs/index.html
>

> So, the solution (in this case) is to remove the "documentation" part
> form this path.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we can have a node in Daisy that does
> not add a part to the navigation tree. In this case the "documentation"
> part is added by the "Documentation" group node. I tried removing the
> optional ID attribute that defines what appears in the URLSpace, but
> that just ended up with "documentation" being replaced by the Daisy
> generated "g1".
>
> I'll try and look into this some more. I have half an hour before my
> next meeting.

My initial experiments have drawn a blank on this, I've posted to the
Daisy lists for a definitive answer. So now I am trying to think of a
workaround in which Forrest will strip some parts of the URL Space.

Will mull over it as soon as I get out of my next meeting, in the
meantime ideas are welcome.

Ross