cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:16:22 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>>> What changed URLs have you noticed, so far? If there is a list, it
>>> will help fixing problems. Myself, I noticed that
>>>  http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/introduction.html
>>>
>>> became
>>>  http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs
>>>  /2.1/documentation/introduction.html
>>>
>>> It probably can be easily fixed in the navigation document. I'm
>>> thinking of removing node ID for 'documentation' node; or setting it
>>> to '.' might do the trick.
>

> The first part of the urlspace (i.e.
> http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs) is nt part of the
> generated docs.

I know.

> All we need to do is zip up the site built by Forrest
> and unzip it in the target location, so to get
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/introduction.html

Won't work. Please take a second look: there is an extra "/documentation" in there.

For example... Pages which are in correct location are:
   /2.1/index.html
   /2.1/about/features.html
   /2.1/about/license.html

Pages in wrong locations are:
   /2.1/documentation/introduction.html -> /2.1/introduction.html
   /2.1/status/plan/overview/index.html -> /2.1/plan/index.html
   /2.1/community/bylaws-addendum.html -> /2.1/bylaws-addendum.html

etc.

Vadim