cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 11:29:46 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>
>>> David Crossley a ?crit :

>>> Fully agreed, staying with the old docs for 2.1.8 seems much easier,
>>> and 2.2 is a good time to make a transition on the docs.

>>> Could we do the release and regenerate only the index and news pages?
>>> I don't think there have been much changes to other parts of the
>>> "old" docs.
>>>
>>> I'm strongly for releasing 2.1.8 with the "old" docs and take our
>>> time to improve them for 2.2.
>>

>> Good idea, i was wondering about that as a workaround.
>> We can easily update the complete top-level docs, same
>> as before.
>> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate
>

> You can also add entries to the locationmap in the daisy-to-docs module
> that will retrieve the relevant content from SVN. That is, documents you
> want to come from the old SVN files would have an entry pointing at
> http://svn.a.o/... instead of at daisy. When the site is built Forrest
> will retrieve the content from the relevant place.

Ahhh... no slight problem with that. The Daisy plugin does not currently
support content from alternative locations (it used to until I fixed the
URLspace issues for Cocoon, and I've not got around to making that work
again, sorry).

The above will be possible soon, but not sure when I'll have the time to
tackle it. Probably better to build those pages by hand as you suggest,
it's only a handful.

Ross

Ross