cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.8 tomorrow
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:51:00 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>>David Crossley a ?crit :
>>
>>>...As i warned a long time ago, the re-arrangement of
>>>documentation should not have been done until the
>>>2.2 release...
>>
>>Fully agreed, staying with the old docs for 2.1.8 seems much easier,
>>and 2.2 is a good time to make a transition on the docs.
>>

>>>...If people are not going to help fix the new Daisy-based
>>>documentation for this release, then we we need to
>>>repair the old documentation building system, e.g. the
>>>index.xml file seems to be missing and various other
>>>source files have been deleted...
>>
>>Could we do the release and regenerate only the index and news pages?
>>I don't think there have been much changes to other parts of the "old"
>>docs.
>>
>>I'm strongly for releasing 2.1.8 with the "old" docs and take our time
>>to improve them for 2.2.
>

> Good idea, i was wondering about that as a workaround.
> We can easily update the complete top-level docs, same
> as before.
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

You can also add entries to the locationmap in the daisy-to-docs module
that will retrieve the relevant content from SVN. That is, documents you
want to come from the old SVN files would have an entry pointing at
http://svn.a.o/... instead of at daisy. When the site is built Forrest
will retrieve the content from the relevant place.

Ross