cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r331881 - /cocoon/trunk/tools/targets/compile-build.xml
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 10:26:53 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 08.11.2005 23:12, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>>> Can you explain it? The way it was broke some of our tests because of
>>> missing classes in cocoon-testcase.jar. Why shall not all test
>>> classes be included in the jar?
>>

>> If you have a separate project based on cocoon and you want to test
>> your generators it's nice to have cocoon testing environment in a
>> single jar that contains the classes that are really needed. Our build
>> system should produce cocoon-test.jar which would contain reusable
>> classes and cocoon-testcase.jar which would contain cocoon specific
>> test cases.
>

> Ok, I see your point. But then you have to change the build file in a
> different way than just by excluding all files *you* don't need.
I do not get it (or I'm lacking communication skills). What you have in
cocoon-testcase now are:

a) helper classes (e.g. mocks)
b) base test cases (which could be made abstract, no actual test cases
in them)
c) specific test cases

It's not the matter of what files *I* need. a) and b) could be reused in
any cocoon based project. c) is cocoon specific and is irrelevant for a
cocoon user.

> Sorry
> (I don't like pointing on people), but the commit you made broke the
> gump build of the 3 blocks for almost a month.
I'm very sorry for that - I was not aware I broke something. I just
synced build files for 2.1 and trunk.