cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Searching for a cool portal layout
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:58:41 GMT
I'm searching for a cool/nice layout for the portal engine in 2.2(trunk).
I converted the html from tables and inline styling to div elements with
css, but obviously the result does not look very nice... :)

So, if someone is interested in providing a new layout (css and perhaps
images), that would be really cool. I think especially the tabs need
some improvements.

So anyone interested?

Some more infos about the layout:

After checking out trunk, building and starting Cocoon you can find the
portal sample at http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/portal-sample/portal

The skin (layout) you'll see is in the
webapp/samples/blocks/portal-sample/skins/modern directory.
The css in the css/page.css file and the styles directory contains the
different stylesheets used to render the page.
The portal-page.xsl is the main stylesheet generating the html frame.
This is the place to add static parts and to include your resources like
css and js files.
The tab.xsl renders tabs, the column.xsl columns and so on.

The stylesheets currently just generate some divs with ids and classes.
I guess this can mostly stay as it is right now, so changing the css
should do the trick for most things.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/