cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJAX and upload widget
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:31:20 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I was playing around AJAX and the upload widget. Why the upload widget
> is not supported by AJAX?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>
> /me hopping the answer is: "because nobody requested this! :-D

No, but this is more problematic: a browser cannot send an uploaded file
using an Ajax request, because that would require the JS to read on the
local filesystem, which is forbidden for security reasons.

So the only solution to have file uploads in Ajax requests is to post
the form to hidden iframes, which makes handling the result less easy
than using XmlHttpRequest.

As Upayavira said, he started to implement this during the GT which you
may want to continue!

Sylvain