cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] settable Field 'required' property?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 07:55:48 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, Field'isRequired() delegates to its FieldDefinition.  How
> badly would it break everything :-) if instead there were an instance
> variable that's (a) initialized from getFieldDefinition().isRequired(),
> and then (b) settable via a setRequired() method?
>
> Sometimes you just really want to say
>
> 	someWidget.required = false;
>
> in flowscript.  Why shouldn't that be possible?

:) I wanted to address this issues right after the 2.1.8 release. I
think it's a very common use case where fields are required/not required
depending e.g. on the value of some other fields.

Actually, we have a workaround using an attribute on the field, but
that's rather ugly.

So big +1 for your suggestion.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de