cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r331881 - /cocoon/trunk/tools/targets/compile-build.xml
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:11:18 GMT
On 08.11.2005 23:12, Leszek Gawron wrote:

>> Can you explain it? The way it was broke some of our tests because of
>> missing classes in cocoon-testcase.jar. Why shall not all test classes
>> be included in the jar?
>
> If you have a separate project based on cocoon and you want to test your
> generators it's nice to have cocoon testing environment in a single jar
> that contains the classes that are really needed. Our build system
> should produce cocoon-test.jar which would contain reusable classes and
> cocoon-testcase.jar which would contain cocoon specific test cases.

Ok, I see your point. But then you have to change the build file in a
different way than just by excluding all files *you* don't need. Sorry
(I don't like pointing on people), but the commit you made broke the
gump build of the 3 blocks for almost a month. I now chose only the
simplest way to get them fixed again. I'm just to lazy to search for all
useful classes, that have been excluded, CocoonTestCase being the most
obvious. Now you can revert my commit and add all the classes the blocks
need for their tests. An additional jar containing the Cocoon specific
test cases is probably not needed at all.

Jörg