cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.1.8rc1
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:46:51 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> ...don't kill the messenger but unless I am mistaken
> we still have some issues with 2.1.8rc1
>
> 1) I get a NPE for all the OpenOffice examples
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/hello-world/hello.sxw

Fixed. This was a namespace-handling problem in ZipArchiveSerializer

> 2) At least on OSX the MS Word 2003 example does not
>    work with MS Word 2004. Just doesn't recognize the
>    file.

This is because it used the XML Word format, which Word 2004/Mac doesn't
understand

> 3) TextEdit says that something is wrong with RTF
>    file example although Word can open it just fine.

Don't know. Maybe Mr JFor, that happens to use a Mac, could have a look ;-)

> 4) Why do we have per person credits at
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/modules/xml.html

Removed. In the i18n samples also.

> 5) In the Lucene examples I've created an index
>    but got a ResourceNotFound for
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/lucene/statistic
>
>    And also an IOException when accessing index2 (how
>    can I create index2??)
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/lucene/findIt2?queryString=cocoon
>
> 6) The XMLDB Source exmaples give a http 500 error
>    see
> http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/xmldb/db/cocoon/?xpath=/samples/group
>

> 7) Invalid XML for the Axis sample
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/axis/status.xsp

Fixed.

> 8) javaflow examples
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/javaflow/editForm2.do
>    gives "Attribute 'unique-row-id' is no more supported, use
> <fb:identity> instead"

Fixed, replaced by <fb:identity>

> 9) on the jcr example
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/jcr/browse/jcr:system
>
>    I get a "javax.jcr.RepositoryException: No type info found for node
> type 'rep:system' at /jcr:system"

Yeah, there is no JCRNode -> source mapping for this system-defined
collection...

Need to add some auto-configuration stuff to the JCRSource.

> 10) proxy block
>
>    http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/proxy/wsproxy/
>    "org.xml.sax.SAXException: Can not resolve namespace prefix: xalan"

Fixing this leads to another error related to XMLForm. And the other
sample is related to CocoonHive, which now has nothing more to do with
Cocoon. Samples disabled, we'll have to revisit this proxy stuff anyway.

Sylvain