cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:11:53 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> [X] ""  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
>> [ ] "" (double period)
>> [ ] "" (trailing period)
>> [ ] "" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
>> beginning of widget names)
>> Cast your votes!
> As I would never use CSS rules based on IDs as they are a moving
> target IMHO I don't have a problem with it. And if I really had  to,
> there is at least some workaround IIUC. The other options are really
> ugly. So +1 for the first.

I totally agree with your POV, especially as I envision that Ajax will
require us to have form identifiers generated at runtime to allow for
several instances of a form definition in a page [1].

So, since the CSS rule problem is what caused all this discussion, and
we finally consider that it's not that much a problem...

I change my vote:

[X] ""  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE, but will
actually never been used in CSS rules)