cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:07:08 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> So please choose one proposal below:
>
> [ ] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
> [ ] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
> [ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
> [ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the beginning
> of widget names)

Sorry for stepping in very late, but to me all of these solutions look
rather ugly. If I only have the choice between the four from above, I
would go for the underscore solution.

But why can't we just use "bar-input" and forbid to use id's that end
with "-input"? Or forbid the use of '-'?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/