cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Naming rule for HTML IDs generated by CForms
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:54:59 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> So please choose one proposal below:
>
> [ ] "foo.bar:input"  (colon, not CSS-friendly because of IE)
> [X] "foo.bar..input" (double period)
> [ ] "foo.bar.input." (trailing period)
> [ ] "foo.bar._input" (underscore, requires to forbid it as the
> beginning of widget names)

My preference was for ':' but IE makes it not convenient.

I also think that using '_' will go in our way in the future, as we'll
use more and more direct mapping of forms with other entities, and '_'
is allowed at the beginning of identifiers in most programming languages
whereas '.' is not, as it's a kind of universal combining char (Java,
JS, SQL, Python, Ruby, etc).

Sylvain