cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: fi:styling/@in-place-tip
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:16:56 GMT
Quoin Developers wrote:
> Motivation:
>
> CForms user would like to display instructions or some other hint to
> the end user in the text input widget itself (as opposed to a tool-tip
> on-hover). This text should not be submitted, and if a user wants to
> enter text into the input, the tip text should automatically disappear
> so that the user does not have to manually delete it.
>
> We implemented this for a couple of projects. Most recently Antonio
> Gallardo provided some suggestions as to how we might best integrate
> this into CForms, and here are the results which we would like to
> contribute this back to the cocoon community. We're open to
> suggestions, but we'd like to keep it simple. The only additional
> thing might be to set a different class attribute value for the input
> element when the tip is being displayed. In this way, the tip text
> could be styled distinctly.

<snip/>

Cool stuff!

A few questions though:
- is the "inline-tip" different from the <fd:hint>?
- if yes, what about adding it besides <fd:hint> and <fd:help> in the
form definition?
- how does "onchange" behave when an event listener is attached to the
input? I mean we must be sure the tip isn't submitted in that case.

Anyway, an interesting addition!

Sylvain