cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] daisy sites not available?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:39:56 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 04 Nov 2005, at 17:53, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> any reason the sites on
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/
>> have been made inaccessible?
>

> I saw the ACL change notification message this morning but didn't really
> check what it was, nor who it initiated. Anyway, I now found out who it
> was (Ross), and I reverted his actions. But it seems like Ross corrected
> stuff himself in parallel.
>
> In the future, even though it is easy to play around with ACL config, we
> should refrain from doing so without prior warning here.

This change had been discussed onlist (must register to edit).

However, as you correctly point out I reverted the change after just a
couple of minutes since the effect was less than desirable and I don't
currently have the time to change the default page displayed when not
logged in.

I would have annouced it had I left it in place, but in the two minutes
it was like that I didn't expect so many people to spot it. I'll
announce *before* I experiment in the future ;-)

Ross