cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [M10N] new block layout
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:11:54 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

>Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>

>>Yes - we already have blocks which contain only samples
>>(core-samples-main for example).
>>

>given the new structure, does it still make sense to keep this as a
>separate top-level block, or can this become a submodule of cocoon-core?

I prefer working to make core as small and focused as possible. And then
there will not be much left to show in a core specific sample block.

Also I think that the "basic" samples should be more of a demo of what
one can with some minimal set of "basic" blocks using best practices,
than a demo of what happens to be in the core block.

OTH, the core samples can depend on other blocks, so it doesn't matter
that much if it is in trunk/core in an own module.

/Daniel